We would recommend that all SMEs to be certified with Cyber Essentials. At CYBX, we ensure that your business has met all requirements to have a smooth application for Cyber Essentials. We will work with you to ensure all criteria is met, and then submit the answers for review by a certification body. Afterwards a review (usually within 48 hours), your business will be officially Cyber Essentials certified, which provides benefits mentioned below.
Businesses with Cyber Essentials show that they have made efforts to meet a decent security standard, which will put customers/clients at ease as well as reduce the chance of data breaches. Additionally, government contracts require businesses to have an in date Cyber Essentials certificate; and so, for businesses looking to get government contracts, Cyber Essentials is a must have!
Common criteria for businesses becoming certified include:
- Are firewalls correctly set up between your network and the internet?
- Do remote workers access the internal network through a VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
- Do you set any and all passwords to a complex standard, especially changing default passwords provided with devices such as internet routers?
- Are Operating Systems, other software, and internet browsers updated to the latest version?
- Has MFA/2FV been activate wherever possible?
Found this article interesting? Follow us on LinkedIn to read more blogs!